Why is our hotel eco?
- 13 hectares of lush nature with varied, mainly native flora and fauna
- 3 hectares renaturation (creation of a protected area for natural reforestation)
- Botanical garden with detailed information boards
- We grow our own organic fruit and vegetables, without the use of pesticides.
- Certified by ABIO*
(*Associação dos agricultores biológicos do Estado do Rio de Janeiro)
- Healthy food from our own garden or from the market – we buy regional and seasonal
- On request we cook for you also vegetarian or vegan
- Cultivation and use of PANC – non-conventional food plants
- Production of own juices and jams
- Fresh, clean water from our own well
- Water recycling – use of rainwater for garden irrigation
- Solar energy for hot water preparation
- Use of techniques for chlorine reduction in the pool
- Energy saving measures
- Ecotourism – Guided horseback rides, walks, bicycle tours, excursions in the region
Waste reduction through:
- Use of food leftovers in animal feed
- Waste separation and recycling.
- Avoidance of plastic packaging and disposable products
- Donations of recyclable items (bed linen, towels, clothes, furniture) to needy families
Our social contribution:
- Employment of local workers in permanent employment